I have been so SO anxious for this day to come.
I’m not sure if I have ever shared this on my blog or not,
but if not I need to, and now is the time.
Every saturday morning, while everyone else is sleeping soundly,
I get up REALLY early just to watch, the OH SO LOVELY
I honestly can’t help it.
She is just really REALLY clever
[at least with crafting and making things…not so much with jail incident, but that’s beside the point]
She ALWAYS had really fantastic guests on there!
and last saturday morning she had a guest that made something so interesting, and I CAN’T wait to try this for myself, but I thought it would be a LOVELY thing to pass along!
and this is where
comes into the picture
HOMEMADE LIP BALM
this was created by Kristin St. Clair
who is BRILLIANT!!
HERE is what you need!
Tools and Materials
- Double boiler
- Mixing stick or spoon
- Lip balm tubes, pots, or tins
- Pouring tray with plastic scraper (optional)
- Decorative paper
- 2-inch-wide clear packing tape
- 2 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 5 teaspoons carrier oil (such as castor, sunflower, or jojoba)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon carmine (natural red) coloring oil
- 6 or 7 drops essential oil (such as vanilla, or spearmint)
ALL of the things you need can be found here:
Here’s the HOW-TO:
1. Melt beeswax, carrier oil, vitamin E oil, and coloring oil together in a double boiler, stirring to combine. Add essential oil right before removing from boiler to pour.
2. Pour mixture into lip balm containers. Let cool for about an hour. If using a pouring tray, scrape away excess and smooth tops with plastic scraper.
3. To make labels, cut a scrap of decorative paper to the size of container. Place paper facedown on a piece of clear 2-inch-wide packing tape. Cut packing tape to width of paper strip, and trim so tape is about 1/2 inch longer than paper on both ends. Wrap tape with paper around tube or pot.
What I love other than the sheer fact that you’ve made your own lip balm, you also can use absolutely anything to decorate your cute little tub.
ALSO, you don’t have to put it in a tube. You can choose absolutely any sort of container that you want, so get CREATIVE with it.
FOR ME, I think it is really REALLY important to take an idea, and completely RUN WITH IT in my own direction and I want to encourage all of you to do that as well.
ENJOY and let me know if you make your own juicy Lip Balm!
HOPE YOU ENJOY:]